Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 73rd Regiment of Foot c1810

Re: 73rd Regiment of Foot c1810

Chalky:
    Have the two certificates in "Pictures" Folder ready to email to you but I don't know email address!
    Joey

Originally Posted By: JoeyChalky:
    Am still "chasing" after Lieut. David Rose origins.
    Your comments about the MILNTOWN now MILTON on the David Rose No.1:16/04/1756 record are much needed.
    Could I have your input about the townships of the other two birth certificates for David Rose as am having trouble deciphering the writing on the certificates viewed via Scotlandspeople.com.uk?

No.2: 29 Mar 1752 - is it OLDTOWN and anywhere near Kilravock?

No.3: 13 Jun 1758 - is it DALTULICK or DATTULICH? and do you know where? Joey

Hi Joey,

Oldtown I will leave just now.

Daltullich might be the place you are talking about. There is a Daltullich which is East of Cawdor. It would be less than 10 mile as the Crow flies.

The OS map has it spelt Daltulich but all other references to it has it Daltullich

There is also an Easter Daltullich which is south west of Croy near Cullodden.

Black Watch Forums
    [img]http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/se...x/O.P.R.Births094/0010 0058[/img]

Chalky:
    Am not very knowledgeable with links so not sure if I have the code exactly right for transfer to you. I hope I have taken notice of your instructions recently posted regarding links. This birth cert is the 29/03/1752 David Rose in Croy and Dalcross - township looks like OLDTOWN OF KILRAVOCK.

If this link goes to you I will do the other certificate too. The reason why I am looking into the birth certs with the father's name being John is that Lt. David Rose named his son John.
    Many thanks for the two maps and information.
    Joey
    Last edited by Chalky; 25th September 2011 at 09:47.

Originally Posted By: Joey Black Watch Forums
    [img]http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/se...x/O.P.R.Births 094/0010 0058([/img]

Chalky:
    Am not very knowledgeable with links so not sure if I have the code exactly right for transfer to you. I hope I have taken notice of your instructions recently posted regarding links. This birth cert is the 29/03/1752 David Rose in Croy and Dalcross - township looks like OLDTOWN OF KILRAVOCK.

If this link goes to you I will do the other certificate too. The reason why I am looking into the birth certs with the father's name being John is that Lt. David Rose named his son John.
    Many thanks for the two maps and information.
    Joey

Hi Joey,

The link takes you to Scotlands People site but does not allow viewing.

I found a reference to Oldtown near Kilravock. Check the date of the map.

That's probably it. There's also a group of houses at Kilravock called Kilravock Gardens, and if they are old enough it's possible (without seeing it!) that the certificate says "Garden of Kilravock".

Joey, you can't post a direct link to a certificate on Scotland's People because it's a paid site - they won't let other people look at your search results unless they are registered and they pay for access. You need to make a copy of the certificate, upload it to your own website (if you have one) and then post a link to that copy.

Whitebound:
    Thanks a lot for clues about uploading certificates, etc, to send to your website plus other comments
    Joey

Chalky:
    Once again, many many thanks for another map showing OldTown in relation to Kilravock.
    I learnt about launching a website through T.A.F.E. (teritary adult further education classes) whilst doing an I.T Certificate lll several years ago. Setting up a site from scratch was an experience for sure!
    Joey

Did you have any luck finding information on David Rose? I am a descendant through his grand daughter Mary Ann (who was born at Cora Lynn and married Richard Fahey) and doing a bit of research on the family history.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Did you have any luck finding information on David Rose? I am a descendant through his grand daughter Mary Ann (who was born at Cora Lynn and married Richard Fahey) and doing a bit of research on the family history.
    Hi Panda and welcome to the forum,

Only what is on the forum and what is with Joey from Tasmania.

Is there any particular information that you need?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123