11am on Thursday 28 January 2010 I attended at the Regimental Dog Grave of Paddy , 2/1 Highland Cyclist Bn dog who died at the McDonald Park Arbroath when the Battalion were in Training on 28 January 1918 .

On my arrival I was pleased to see that the replacement Poppy Cross I had placed at the grave after some one had removed the Poppy Cross we had placed on the 8th November 2009 - Remembrance Sunday was still there .

I replaced the November Poppy Cross with a new one to remember Paddy the Wee Regimental Dog who died on this date 28th January 1918 .

As I was placing the poppy cross at the grave in the McDonald Park beside the Keptie Wood a man spoke to me and said he was pleased to see the Poppy Cross on the grave as he knew about the story when he was a young bairn during WW2 . He told me he had read the stories in the newspapers over the years and about the theft of the poppy cross last November . ( He told me he remembers my Dad , Willie Anderson , lawyer and partner with Brig Oliver and Col Dunn in Clark & Olivers and he used to play years ago in the Arbroath High School Former Pupils Football Club as my Dad was secretary of the club for many years ). Small world

Pat w anderson