Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Oswald from Perth

Re: Andy Oswald from Perth

Hes my dads cousin Pat. MY dad Ron, was too young in WW2 but did end up working at Condor before the end of the war as my grandfather Peter Fenton - ex BW regular pre WW1- was injured at Battle of Loos in 15 and invalided out - was in charge of Sgts Mess at Condor and got my dad a job after he left school in the mail room and then my dad asked about a job in engineering and got a job fixing engines for Swordfish etc.

Smokie did peter work with Sonny, I worked with a peter fenton, He had BW connections,
    nellie

Yes my dad thinks he did as Peter served his apprenticeship in Keith Blackmans as a Plater at the same time as my dad who training to be a Fitter. My dad thinks Peter did work with Sonny at Hallys. Peter died about 3 years ago my dad thinks and his son, Peter too, is a plumber. Peter Fenton's son Peter is not to be confused with Sonny's son Peter - if you can follow that!!!

What were Peter Fenton's BW connections? His father was called Jim who was the oldest Fenton and his brothers were called Peter - my grandfather, Albert and David.

Yes Bill, my fathers cousin was in the Navy in WW2

not sure what his connection was smokie but then sonny also went on about the BW,
    nellie

Hi Smokie , Small world ! I remember Bill Fenton and his wife from when I was a wee boy in Arbroath in the old days of the 1950s early 1960s and then they recognised me when we came back home a few years ago and we keep bumping into them in the toon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12