Thread: 2nd lieutenant F A HOLLIS , 2/6th Black Watch died Norwich 16 Dec 1916

2nd lieutenant F A HOLLIS , 2/6th Black Watch died Norwich 16 Dec 1916

I am researching another WW1 casualty to add to the Scottish National War Memorial at the Edinburgh castle but this time not a Black Watch casualty but when I was looking at the CWGC website for the Norwich cemetery there was the name of 2nd Lieutenant F A HOLLIS , 2/6 Black Watch who died in Norwich on 17th December 1916 .

He is also recorded on the SNWM index at the castle as 2nd Lieutenant FREDERICK ALWIN HOLLIS , Black Watch died UK 17th Dec 1916 6th Bn .

He is not listed on the two Black Watch books on Officers of the Regiment ( the green book or the 1987 Samson updated version ) and hes not shown in the BW in the Great War books by Wauchope in the casualties of the 6th Bn BW.

I should look at my army lists for the early years to Dec 1917 to see if he is listed with the BW .

Best wishes
    Patrick w anderson

Found 2nd Lieut F A Hollis listed in the Army list under 6th Bn Black Watch and a letter "2" is in front of his name so he was in the 2/6th Bn of the Regiment. his commission date is shown as 6th October 1915

The CWGC don't have any next of kin details or age to help and died UK which would be Norwich

Patrick W Anderson