My wife Diane and i have been invited to attend St Peter's Church Lechhampton, Cheltenham on Sunday 17th November 2019 at 2pm for the Remembrance service for LIEUTENANT GEORGE FREDERICK DELMAR - WILLIAMSON, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders ) and Royal Flying Corps & Royal Air Force . The service is to be conducted by the Rev Gary Grady .

Lt G F Delmar - Williamson is buried in that Churchyard and the headstone records : Also in Loving Memory of GEORGE FREDERICK only son of FREDERICK AND EMILY DELMAR -WILLIAMSON, Lieut , in the Black Watch and RAF accidentally killed whilst flying over Chippenham on July 12th , 1918 , also interred here aged 19

Lt G F Delmar -Williamson is listed in the Army Lists as a 2nd Lieutant with the Black Watch (Royal Highlanders ) and commissioned 27th October 1916 and having served in France in 1917 he and another former Cheltenham College student were testing a plane when the machine crashed to the ground killing both young officers of the RAF on 12th July 1918 . The other RAF pilot was Capt Douglas Ridley Clunes Gabell , Gloucestershire Regiment and RAF . He is buried at another location

My wife is related to Lt Delmar - Williamson as she is related also to Major (later Colonel Cyprian Bridge , an officer during the Maori wars of the 1800s in New Zealand )

Sadly we can't attend this Memorial event

thought this may interest you Black Watch historians

patrick w anderson